Friday 1 June 2012

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern



This book is a series of anecdotes from the author’s (Justin Halpern's) life as he tries his luck with the ladies. As you can tell from the title of the book these attempts are not altogether successful leading to some embarrassing moments which are funny.

Other funny moments in the book obviously come from Justin’s dad’s off-the-wall and no-nonsense comments and advice, especially in the bits of the book where Justin is still living at home. At these times I could just imagine William Shatner delivering the lines deadpan just like he did in the TV series ($#*! My Dad Says).

Obviously this book is being marketed as the sequel to the very successful "**** My Dad Says" (it’s mentioned on the cover don’t you know) and having not read that I can’t comment on whether this one is better, or whether it repeats stuff, but in it’s own right I really enjoyed this book and it made me laugh on multiple occasions. It doesn’t suck. 

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is available to buy here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment