Wednesday 14 March 2012

Operation Alphabet (The Ministry of Letters) by Al MacCuish




This is a beautiful book. It reminded me of the Christmas annuals I used to get because it is similar in size. It comes in hard-back with a dustcover which doubles up as an Alphabet poster by turning it to the reverse side. Inside the story is about the alphabet so is ideal for young children who have a knowledge of the alphabet. My 4-year-old, coming on 5 loved it. She especially loves looking at the poster and going through it, from A to Z.

But this book isn't just words. It is illustrated with double-page full colour spreads throughout with the art style evident from the cover. This art and the story bring the alphabet to life, literally. All in all I thought this book was beautiful and perfect for its intended audience. It would make an ideal gift for a young child.

(I got this book through Amazon Vine. It is listed on Amazon here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment